Sunday, January 14, 2007

Freedom Writers

I just got back from seeing this movie, and I have to say that it is worth blogging about at 1:37 in the morning. When I first watched the T.V. previews and the trailer I was not impressed. It seemed to be a 1995 "Dangerous Minds", Michelle Pfeiffer knock off. Although I had low expectations, and no desire to pay full price to see this movie, I went more for the other person than myself. I am so glad that I did. Hilary Swank was beautiful, not brilliant, but beautiful. It wasn't so much her physical features as it was her ability to generate a sincerity in her character that emulated a deep and heartfelt soul. The lives and situations of the students were heavy and dark, and it probably would have been an overkill for this movie if it were not for the artistic depiction of their personalities. The lives of the students were played out and a voice over of their thoughts streamed in sync with their experiences. I really enjoyed that. I was also touched at the different levels of this movie, and the way they showed the struggles on all sides, really giving a good picture of the reality of their situation. All in all this hits my top list. I can't say how many are in my top list, I've never thought about it.

No comments:

Poteaux récents