Sunday, January 21, 2007

Missy to Mister

Yesterday I was talking to my mother about some deep spiritual issues, brought on by a video I watched by EX Ministries. As we were discussing these important subjects, one of my cats jumped on my bed. I was laying there in deep thought, praying that God would open my eyes to His perspective, and grant me insight for His kingdom, when my mother signaled my attention to look at my cat Missy. When I looked at her I couldn't tell exactly what she was doing. At first I thought she was massaging her claws on my blanket, as she always used to do, so delicately, and with poise. My eyes started to focus in on her moving her claws on my blanket to massage them, and then I thought, "Aw, how cute!". Again my mother signaled my attention, trying not to speak very loud so we didn't scare her away before figuring it out. So, again I looked, thinking...thinking..."What? Girls don't hump!"

Well, after 1 year of playful, beautiful Missy Estrada Schenk Carreiro, we discovered the unthinkable, she is NOT a girl. Poor confused Missy, whom we now call Mister. And to think, just the other day we were hoping she wasn't pregnant, because we were noticing her/him gaining some weight. I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore. It's almost sad to think about Missy being male, I was really comfortable with him being a young lady. I guess next time I shouldn't be so gullible and take the persons word for it, I should check for myself.

1 comment:

JL! said...

Well, it is "Answer Your Cat's Question Day" on the 22nd. It seems likely little Mister will have a few questions. You discovered the truth just in time!

Poteaux récents